This is an easy yet so tasty southern fried fried chicken recipe. I learnt this recipe many years ago and has been a staple in my house since. One thing I love about making this is it makes THE BEST leftovers, love eating it cold or on a sandwich. This is a fried chicken recipe without buttermilk so it is easy to do with staples you probably have at home.
The recipe is quite simple, you will need a large fry pan (I prefer using a banquet electric fry pan), lots of oil and paper towels to dry it on after. The ingredients are flour, eggs, chicken stock, paprika and garlic powder. Simple right? Let’s get started!
Fried chicken recipe southern
Prep: 20 mins. Cook: 15 mins. Serves: 5+
- Chicken breast sliced – 750g
- Plain flour – 3 cups
- Paprika – 2 tbsp
- Garlic powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 2 tbsp
- Chicken stock powder – 2 tbsp
- Eggs – 3
- Oil – 500ml
1. Add oil to a large frypan (at least 1cm deep) and turn on to a high heat. Combine all spices and flour into a large bowl, stir together. Whisk eggs into a seperate bowl.
2. Slice chicken 5mm thick (doesn’t have to be perfect). Place all ingredients together next to the frypan.
3. Coat chicken in flour, then egg and then flour again and place in frypan. Fry each side 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and enjoy!